Hoylake Lawn Tennis Club was founded in 1913. We have gone from strength to strength over the years enjoying a high membership of juniors and adults who have supported the club and ensured it develops and maintains the high standard of facilities and friendly atmosphere we enjoy today.
This page is dedicated to the history of the club as a record over time. If any members have any old photos or history about the club, please get in touch and we’ll include them on this page.
There aren’t many photos of the old club and grounds however a brief photographic record has been kept and we’ve restored the photos to be able to show various historical events from bygone years. Below are a few events some may remember!
The Old Club House – Destroyed by Fire on March 23rd 1985
It was believed to have been started by an electrical fault. The whole club house including the old bar area had to be completely demolished and rebuilt. A lot of the work was carried out by the members of the club at the time and it was their hard work and dedication that gave us the club house we have today. You may recognise some of helpers in the photos below!