HLTC – Code of Conduct for working with Children, Young People and Adults at Risk
This code of conduct relates to all club members, coaches and visitors to the club.
Everyone with contact with children, young people and adults at risk should:
- Use appropriate language at all times and challenge anyone who uses unacceptable language.
- Remain professional at all times.
- Encourage all members to use ‘Fair Play’ values and encourage respect for one another.
- Ensure provision of a safe inclusive environment regardless of age, gender, sexuality, disability, religion or ethnicity.
- Act as a role model at all times, including refraining from smoking, alcohol consumption or illicit substances.
- Work and communicate in an open and accountable manner keeping separate personal and professional social media accounts.
- Maintain professional relationships with children and young people at all times and be aware that any form of sexual relationship with someone under 18years of age is against the law and a breach of trust.
- Use positive reinforcement for discipline and report to the Welfare Officer anyone who intimidates or acts in a way that is verbally or physically abusive.