HLTC courts will now be open for use by both doubles and singles players, with the following controls in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19: minimal ‘hand to shared surface’ contact; hygiene; cleaning and social distancing. Coaching sessions continue to be adapted to accommodate LTA advice.
The guidance below summarises updated LTA recommendations. (Further information available at LTA Player Guidance).
- Singles and doubles play is allowed; players may be from different households.
- Please book courts in advance using HLTC Clubspark online booking system.
- The booked session is for 50 minutes. Please arrive and leave promptly.
- Players should bring their own equipment and water bottles and avoid sharing.
- Nets will be maintained at the appropriate height to avoid players having to use net winders.
- If players choose to use the courtside counters, they must bring wipes to sanitise them before and after use. One player should take responsibility for moving the counters.
- It is advisable not to touch tennis balls belonging to other players: use your foot or racket to return balls. Tennis balls can be a source of virus transmission: to avoid contamination, players are advised to touch only their own clearly marked balls. If players choose to share tennis balls, they should avoid touching their faces and should wash or sanitise their hands immediately after play.
- Players should avoid chasing down a ball to another court if it is in use.
- For doubles, players should consider agreeing in advance who will take the shot if a ball goes down the centre of the court.
- Everyone is expected to comply with Government guidelines and remain 2 metres apart at all times.
- Players from different households should maintain social distancing, both on and off the courts.
- No physical contact e.g. high fives, handshakes, should be made with other players.
- No spectators; no queueing.
- The ten minute gap between bookings helps to minimise contact between groups of players.
- Members are requested not to congregate in groups, particularly on the decking and paved area between courts, as this causes bottlenecks.
Health and hygiene
- All players should familiarise themselves with Government guidelines on handwashing, social distancing and the ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’ advice on preventing droplet infection.
- Players should wash their hands for 20 seconds before and after playing tennis, or use hand sanitiser.
- Guidance on handwashing can be viewed here. For advice on First Aid during coronavirus, see here.
- Avoid touching your face
- The clubhouse will remain closed; there is therefore no access to toilet or handwashing facilities.
- First aid equipment may be accessed at the player’s own risk in an emergency.
- The front gate should be left open during playing hours.
- The gates between courts are barred. Access to courts 3-8 is via the unmade path by the wooden fencing.
- Any rubbish generated should be placed by the owner in the bins on the decking area.
Anyone who has been advised to self-isolate or stay at home based on the advice of the NHS.UK website should clearly not take part in tennis activities.
Please note that, while all efforts are made to ensure that the environment is safe and clean with regard to COVID-19, anyone using the courts at HLTC does so at their own risk. These guidelines may change at short notice if tighter restrictions are reintroduced, or when restrictions are further relaxed.
THANK YOU for your cooperation and continued support in keeping to the guidelines.